Queensland State Election

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Rorschach

Re: Queensland State Election

Post by Rorschach » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:06 pm

skippy wrote:Are there any conservative supports still think Abbott is best to lead the Libs? :rofl
So who are you saying thought he was the best in the first place? And do you honestly think the result is just due to abbott or could newman and some policy decisions also share the responsibility?
Qld just proved the coalition can lose the next election and under Abbott they will lose.
So you are a fortune teller? Or are you stating the obvious that anyone can win or lose?
Unbelievable for someone my age brought up on the line swings that big just don't happen, interesting times.
The Libs only chance is Turnbull, it will be funny if he gets in with me barracking for the Turnbull led Libs and IQ opposing them. :rofl
Lots of people don't like Turnbull. Particularly the Conservative side. He was after all a failure before. I'd favour someone else.
If Turnbull doesn't get the PMs gig Shorten will be the next one termer. Maybe. Maybe the Libs should throw it and let Shorten go a term as PM while they groom someone like NSW premier Mike Baird I reckon he is the best the Libs have and could win and hold government for them. Baird is not a real choice either IMO. I don't even like him as Premier.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

skippy

Post by skippy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 pm

So Rorsach is looking forward to a Labor government, anyone else?
Conservatives don't have to like Turnbull, they aren't going to vote for Labor. It's the swinging voters that need to and all the polls indicate he's the Libs best bet.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Put Turnbull in, then replace him after the election with Morrison.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:02 pm

skippy wrote:So Rorsach is looking forward to a Labor government, anyone else?
Conservatives don't have to like Turnbull, they aren't going to vote for Labor. It's the swinging voters that need to and all the polls indicate he's the Libs best bet.
I'm a swinging voter I wont vote for a Turnbull led government if they back crap Progressive policies.
I voted for Labor in the past, so far they have NO POLICIES... and Shorten is less than impressive.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:05 pm

I liked Mal Brough when he was a Howard Minister.
I didn't like his performance during the Slipper debacle.
Out of the prospectives available he and Morrison seem the best alternatives for a Conservative government.
Then Bishop.

mantra

Post by mantra » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:53 am

Rorschach wrote:Worse at what?
Lying.

The Liberals rely on slogans. They seem to think if they spruik their propaganda relentlessly, people will believe them. They need to change the message and attempt a new tactic - honesty, if they want us to believe they're superior to Labor. So it comes down to the electorates belief that they're worse liars than Labor.
Like Newman, Tony Abbott has been selling voters the message that “tough” decisions – even unpopular ones – are necessary in the national interest. And he’s been banking on those voters ultimately deciding that Labor, who they so recently rejected at the ballot box, is ill prepared and too much of a risk.

He’s also made exactly the same mistakes that meant, for Newman, that strategy didn’t work. He’s squandered the electorate’s trust, with broken promises and harsh policies not mentioned before the election. He’s falsely believed that slogans, rather than painstaking explanations, would convince people to accept his policies.

Queensland election: Labor eyes victory as LNP looks for new leader – as it happened
Labor leader Annastacia Palaszczuk says the final result will not be known for a few days but voters have sent a message. Follow the day’s developments here
Read more
Newman seemed to think Queenslanders would come around if he just said the word “strong” lots of times. The Abbott government seems to have the same expectations of the phrases “debt and deficit disaster” and “cleaning up Labor’s mess”. But those phrases do not substitute for clear explanations about why the federal government thinks its chosen spending cuts are the best and fairest ways to improve the budget bottom line.

And, like Newman, Abbott seems to be banking on reminding voters of Labor’s past failures, and asserting that Labor does not have a plan. Ominously for him, the Queensland result showed that, when they are sufficiently angry with the incumbent, voters are prepared to risk an alternative leader who seems solid, even if they aren’t visionary and don’t have inspiring alternative ideas.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... newman-did

skippy

Post by skippy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:21 am

Rorschach wrote:I liked Mal Brough when he was a Howard Minister.
Out of the prospectives available he and Morrison seem the best alternatives for a Conservative government.
Then Bishop.
Given Broughs involvement in Slippergate I expect he'd be perfect for a Liberal party PM. :shock:

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:27 am

skippy wrote:
Rorschach wrote:I liked Mal Brough when he was a Howard Minister.
Then Bishop.
Given Broughs involvement in Slippergate I expect he'd be perfect for a Liberal party PM. :shock:
Mal Brough was a very good Minister and very prime ministerial at the time. :oops

Please mantra don't just post Green and ALP propaganda. :roll:
been listening to Shorten for the last few days being interviewed and his commentary was just total hypocrisy
Everything he was blaming Abbott and the Libs for... Labor was guilty of in their last 2 terms... he has no credibility.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:55 am

Turnbull is a leftard, he should swap to the ALP and take over from Shorten. That would make a lot more sense than him leading the Liberals. :bike

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 am

It might not be a bad idea for Shorten to have one term (that's all he would get). It would be interesting to see how he would try to fix the enormous problems his colleagues have left us with without upsetting the left.