Queensland State Election

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

Re: Queensland State Election

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:54 am

Footage has emerged apparently showing an independent candidate in the Queensland election striking his young child across the head in a cafe.

Jason Deller, who is running in the Sunshine Coast seat of Kawana, was in a cafe at Buddina on Sunday when he appeared to strike his young child for misbehaving.

In security footage aired on Nine News on Thursday night, Mr Deller appears to pour water onto one of his children before slapping the other across the head.

Police were called to the cafe on Sunday and said they were continuing to make enquiries into the matter.

It's understood no charges have been laid.

Mr Deller said the entire episode was "completely ... taken out of context".

"My wife's very upset and said that if this is what being in public life's like, then perhaps I shouldn't pursue it," he told News Corp Australia.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... 31m3b.html

How do you take slapping a child across the head "out of context".

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:19 pm

The questions are... will Abbott have a greater influence on the result than Newman?
and
Considering this... what are the lessons to be learned?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

mantra

Post by mantra » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 am

Rorschach wrote:The questions are... will Abbott have a greater influence on the result than Newman?
Newman was on the nose before Abbott became leader. Abbott's unpopularity will negatively affect the result obviously unless they can come up with some serious dirt on Labor.
For the leaders it's not to put their own ideology and greed ahead of the people who vote for them, but that will never happen.
Footage has emerged apparently showing an independent candidate in the Queensland election striking his young child across the head in a cafe.
There is no justification for this under any circumstances. This publicity will hurt him and so it should.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:30 am

mantra wrote:
Rorschach wrote:The questions are... will Abbott have a greater influence on the result than Newman?
Newman was on the nose before Abbott became leader. Yes, I know and the question is, does the newman factor hold lessons for Abbott and the LIBS? Abbott's unpopularity will negatively affect the result obviously unless they can come up with some serious dirt on Labor. Dirt? That's Labor's style. Newman already tried it. The Qld ALP Leader is hardly a prime example of an astute pollie with a vision for the state.
For the leaders it's not to put their own ideology and greed ahead of the people who vote for them, but that will never happen. Greed? Where's that now?
There is no justification for this under any circumstances. This publicity will hurt him and so it should.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:37 pm

Seems to me that the 2 states where they tend to allow state and federal issues get confused are Victoria and Queensland.
Looks like bye bye Campbell.
Is there a lesson in that for the Libs?
Looks like bye bye government.
Is there a lesson in that for the Libs?

It is certainly at this stage looking like an ALP victory, slim as it may be. Heaven knows the ALP Leader is hardly inspiring, she didn't even know the GST was 10%.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:43 pm

My political career is over: Campbell Newman

Mr Newman said he would be leaving politics, but that his government had made Queensland a better place.

"My political career is over," he said.

"Over the last three years we've had to make some very important decisions.

"They were necessary and I do truly believe that they have put Queensland in a far better place.

"We have put the state in a ... far better place than the way we found it.

"When the history of this government is written, people should look long and hard at a political team who did the hard yards and did not bitch and moan."

Mr Newman said the LNP team would meet at the first opportunity to elect a new leader.

"There are many fine men and women who could potentially put their hand up," he said.

"We don't know whether we will be in government of opposition."

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 am

Queenslanders have always been a bit fucked in the head.
This proves they are a lot fucked in the head.

$80bn in debt and voting back in the spendthrift wastrels who pissed it up against the wall.

Time to emigrate and come back after the place has been trashed and pick up the pieces for a song.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:59 am

Antony Green was almost wetting himself with glee. :roll: Wayne was on an AbbottAbbottAbbott rant and still looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights. :rofl

Queenslanders are soft in the heads due to all that sun and heat up there. Bogans. They deserve what they get.

Check the Queensland EC for Official Results.

http://results.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections ... mmary.html

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:30 am

Queensland Bogans voting. :rofl :rofl

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:58 am

It's not really kosher to be copying answers... but meh, don't look too much like bogans to me. People on their way to do their saturday thing.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."