Should Australia ban the burqa?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

Re: Should Australia ban the burqa?

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:04 pm

No-one has said Sikhs are bad Brian so don't choke on that red herring now will you.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:10 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:04 pm
No-one has said Sikhs are bad Brian so don't choke on that red herring now will you.
Sikhs are murdered by the barbarians from the CULT of DEATH even more than whites.

We have a common enemy.

I like the sikhs, they are soooooooooooooooo much better than Muzzos.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 pm
cods wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm
Thirty years ago, the RSL (Returned Servicepeoples' League) branch in Tweeds Heads got into a lot of trouble because it banned the wearing of Turbans by Sikh members. It was considered an outrage for them to inflict their narrow-minded, reactionary views on people, many of whom had served in the defence forces. The ban was removed, as it should have been.
bloody hell brian you constantly bring up something that happened years and years ago and never happened since...
The point is, Cods, Australia has learnt that Sikhs are simply human beings who worship a different God to the mainstream. Their wearing of a Turban is not disrespectful. It is just a part of their religion, as Mantillas once were for Christians and Hijabs are today for Muslim women.

WRONG BWIAN THE WEARING OF HIJABS, BURKAS ETC IS NOT A RELIGIOUS REQUIREMENT OF iSLAM.
is there anything at all you FORGIVE aussies.. make that white aussies for??????
What makes you think I don't forgive Aussies an awful lot, Cods?

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPROVE OF FORGIVE ANYONE FOR ANYTHING BWIAN? BTW CODS NOT ALL AUSTRALIANS "WHITE" OR OTHERWISE MADE THAT DECISION,...

You appear to believe that shame and guilt are the same thing. I wonder why?

I am not guilty of stealing Indigenous Australian children. I am ashamed that it happened though.

NO ONE STOLE ABORIGINAL CHILDREN BWIAN. THAT IS A LIE YOU PERPETUATE AS A LW PROGRESSIVE NUTJOB.
i ALSO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT DECISION. HENCE I HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

I am not guilty of Racism towards Indigenous Australians. I am ashamed that it happens.

NOR AM I BWIAN AND HENCE HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

I am not guilty of Islamophobia towards Muslims. I am ashamed that it happens.

NOR AM I BWIAN, NOR RACISM OR XENOPHOBIA, OR BIGOTRY OR ANY NUMBER OF THINGS YOU HAVE ACCUSED ME OF OVER THE YEARS. YOU THOUGH SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT YOU DO SUCH THINGS THOUGH BWIAN

See, there is a clear difference between the two concepts.

PITY SO MANY CONCEPTS SLIP YOUR MIND BWIAN.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Flektarn implied it with his posting of a picture of a Sikh. Whats the betting he didn't even know it was a Sikh whose picture he posted?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:32 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Flektarn implied it with his posting of a picture of a Sikh. Whats the betting he didn't even know it was a Sikh whose picture he posted?
No he did not imply anything and I am sure he knows a Sikh when he sees one. You really need to read the words, understand them as written and stop assuming people mean something other than what they say Brian because when you do that you are always wrong.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 pm
brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
No he did not imply anything and I am sure he knows a Sikh when he sees one. You really need to read the words, understand them as written and stop assuming people mean something other than what they say Brian because when you do that you are always wrong.
Neither Flektarn nor you have assured me that I am wrong, Black Orchid.
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:42 pm

brian ross wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Flektard is a goose though bwian and for unknown reasons you see fit to read his crap and argue with him... what was that saying about fools bwian? Can't remember I'm sure Confucius had a good one. oh well...
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway...
You should know that one bwian... people who argue with you know it. :hlo
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Australia considers fingerprinting women in burkas
Police in Australia are considering using fingerprinting to identify Muslim women wearing full veils after a court case in which a woman was let off because police could not be sure who she was.

The sensitive issue of women wearing the burka was thrust back into the spotlight this earlier this week when a magistrate dismissed a case against Carnita Matthews, 47, who had been accused of making a false complaint against the police.

Last year Miss Matthews was sentenced to six months' jail for falsely claiming that a highway patrol officer had tried to remove her burka when he stopped her for a random breath test.

But during her appeal it emerged that, because the complainant was wearing a burka when she appeared at a Sydney police station to report the incident, officers could only see her eyes, and ultimately could not be sure that Miss Matthews was the woman who made the false claim.

Miss Matthews's barrister, Phillip Boulten SC, told the court: "All we know is that a woman in a black burka came with a man in a brown suit with an envelope, and that's it."

Judge Clive Jeffreys allowed the argument, ruling that he was "not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that she made the complaint." Following the decision, Mike Gallacher, the New South Wales police minister, said he would ask police to chow people wearing the burka – which covers the whole body except the eyes and hands – could be better identified.

One option, to be used when anyone refused to show their face because of religious reasons, was to provide a fingerprint, which could also be used on statutory declarations and other statements to ensure they were authentic, he said.

The full veil is banned in France and Belgium, but enforcing the bans has become difficult. Last week the first women to be summoned before a European court for illegally wearing the garments were refused entry, because they would not remove their face coverings.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... urkas.html

This was back in 2011 so why have we heard no more about it? Just let them off if they are fully covered? What a great idea to encourage more of them to make a joke of our legal system. :roll:

These are the ones who live as a separate community and have no intention of fitting in with the Australian way. These are the ones we do not want here!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Do you remember this?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 pm

For too many years Europe (particularly the UK) have allowed their muslims to live as a separate community.

Bradford UK ...