Should Australia ban the burqa?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Black Orchid

Re: Should Australia ban the burqa?

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:36 pm

brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:25 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:22 pm
Keep damning yourself. Sikhs are good, honest people for the overwhelming most part and have absolutely nothing to with Islam. Their turban wearing is part of their religious beliefs. I take it you're not circumcised? Afterall, that is a Jewish tradition adopted by many Christians. Cultures change and adapt. You seem to think simply worshipping a different God makes a person a bad citizen. It doesn't, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists are all good citizens.
Take a big deep breath, Brian. NO-ONE said Sikhs were bad. It was merely stated that a bomb could also be hidden in the head gear. Which is true.
Why use a picture of a Sikh? I suspect Flektarn doesn't know the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim. Tut, tut, don't worry, he'll condemn anybody who looks different, acts different, dresses different, worships differently to him.
God almighty Brian. Because of the headgear? If he used an old lady in a huge hat would you have conniptions too or only if she were anything but white?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:36 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:25 pm
brian ross wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:22 pm
Keep damning yourself. Sikhs are good, honest people for the overwhelming most part and have absolutely nothing to with Islam. Their turban wearing is part of their religious beliefs. I take it you're not circumcised? Afterall, that is a Jewish tradition adopted by many Christians. Cultures change and adapt. You seem to think simply worshipping a different God makes a person a bad citizen. It doesn't, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists are all good citizens.
Take a big deep breath, Brian. NO-ONE said Sikhs were bad. It was merely stated that a bomb could also be hidden in the head gear. Which is true.
Why use a picture of a Sikh? I suspect Flektarn doesn't know the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim. Tut, tut, don't worry, he'll condemn anybody who looks different, acts different, dresses different, worships differently to him.
God almighty Brian. Because of the headgear? If he used an old lady in a huge hat would you have conniptions too or only if she were anything but white?
He'd be guilty of Ageism then, Black Orchid. Tut, tut, any excuse for his hatred of anybody different to him...
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:58 pm

face it bwian is simply TROLLING.... as per usual. :roll:
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 am

I know the difference between all religious people very well. No need to insult, Antifa Member Brian Ross. If a Christians started wearing baskets on their heads everywhere, I'd still be against it. Wearing something for your religion justifies it not. It only legitimizes it if it's a service hat or headgear. If someone truly needs it to do his job or protect his life it's fine.

Now excuse my French, but unless a Turban or a Hijab has titanium or wolfram or it is bulletproof...
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:34 pm

FLEKTARN wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 am
I know the difference between all religious people very well. No need to insult, Antifa Member Brian Ross. If a Christians started wearing baskets on their heads everywhere, I'd still be against it. Wearing something for your religion justifies it not. It only legitimizes it if it's a service hat or headgear. If someone truly needs it to do his job or protect his life it's fine.

Now excuse my French, but unless a Turban or a Hijab has titanium or wolfram or it is bulletproof...
The Australian Defence Forces allow the wearing of Turbans by Sikh members. No one complains about it because it is part of their religion. It also allows the wearing of Hijabs and Turbans by Muslim members. No one except sectarian bigots complains about it. Effectively there is no difference between the wearing of a Turban by a Sikh and a Muslim.

Thirty years ago, the RSL (Returned Servicepeoples' League) branch in Tweeds Heads got into a lot of trouble because it banned the wearing of Turbans by Sikh members. It was considered an outrage for them to inflict their narrow-minded, reactionary views on people, many of whom had served in the defence forces. The ban was removed, as it should have been.

Your attempt to besmirch the reputation of Sikh people by associating them via your picture with Islamist Terrorists is reprehensible. It is your sort who we read about semi-regularly shooting a Sikh in the US after a Islamist Terrorist incident 'cause "he was a rag-head, he was wearing a rag on his head." Ignorant savages the lot of them. Sikhs are not Muslims. Muslims are not Sikhs.

Now, run along back to your little kiddies' playground where such antics are tolerated. Tut, tut.

cods

Post by cods » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:55 pm

what about pregnant ladies.... they too could be bomb carriers.....who says they are preggers....

look at those baby pouches buy a doll they look very real now... but its a bomb...

how do we know those who dress as Sikhs truly are Sikhs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

nothing is what it seems these days.....

even Arthur is having trouble deciding if he really is Martha..

cods

Post by cods » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Thirty years ago, the RSL (Returned Servicepeoples' League) branch in Tweeds Heads got into a lot of trouble because it banned the wearing of Turbans by Sikh members. It was considered an outrage for them to inflict their narrow-minded, reactionary views on people, many of whom had served in the defence forces. The ban was removed, as it should have been.

bloody hell brian you constantly bring up something that happened years and years ago and never happened since...

is there anything at all you FORGIVE aussies.. make that white aussies for??????

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:58 pm
face it bwian is simply TROLLING.... as per usual. :roll:
yes
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 pm

cods wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm
bloody hell brian you constantly bring up something that happened years and years ago and never happened since...
The point is, Cods, Australia has learnt that Sikhs are simply human beings who worship a different God to the mainstream. Their wearing of a Turban is not disrespectful. It is just a part of their religion, as Mantillas once were for Christians and Hijabs are today for Muslim women.
is there anything at all you FORGIVE aussies.. make that white aussies for??????
What makes you think I don't forgive Aussies an awful lot, Cods?

You appear to believe that shame and guilt are the same thing. I wonder why?

I am not guilty of stealing Indigenous Australian children. I am ashamed that it happened though.
I am not guilty of Racism towards Indigenous Australians. I am ashamed that it happens.
I am not guilty of Islamophobia towards Muslims. I am ashamed that it happens.

See, there is a clear difference between the two concepts.

Valkie

Post by Valkie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 pm
cods wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm
The point is, Cods, Australia has learnt that Sikhs are simply human beings who worship a different God to the mainstream. Their wearing of a Turban is not disrespectful. It is just a part of their religion, as Mantillas once were for Christians and Hijabs are today for Muslim women.
What makes you think I don't forgive Aussies an awful lot, Cods?

You appear to believe that shame and guilt are the same thing. I wonder why?

I am not guilty of stealing Indigenous Australian children. I am ashamed that it happened though.
I am not guilty of Racism towards Indigenous Australians. I am ashamed that it happens.
I am not guilty of Islamophobia towards Muslims. I am ashamed that it happens.

See, there is a clear difference between the two concepts.
I had nothing to do with the fictitious stealing of children, neither did my parents or their parents.
Besides, any taken were for their their own good, removed from abusive and worthless parents.

I am not guilty of racism, I done care who a lazy bludger is I have no time for the, black, white or green.

I am guilty of distrusting, disliking, and wanting rid of the CULT of DEATH and its participants.
They are antithetical to civilization and humanity.

I will not ask for forgivness for anything as what I do is no different that what they do to me

But I do demand thanks from these people, for I have fed, clothed, housed and looked after them all with my taxes.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream