Julia Gillard AC

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Wayne

Re: Julia Gillard AC

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Wayne wrote:Bitter Pill To Swallow
For Labor and Emily's List? .. Indeed!

Julia Gillard was the most incompetent PM in Australian history. Period.

NB: I grew up in a staunch ALP family, and was even signed up against my will to the Engadine branch of ALP when I was 16, in one of my mother's branch stacking efforts.
There's not much you, or anyone for that matter, can tell me about politics Sport.

Your partisan stance will make you an easy mark and legit target here mate.

It's more acknowledgement of a fairly good job done by a Labor PM. The existing Government have been nothing but a four year disaster for this Country and the sooner the rusted on rightards on here realise that, the better we will be. Are you honestly going to tell me this mob of fools we have in now are better than the Labor mob kicked out?

"Easy Mark and Legit Target"? With this rampant block of fools running the country? I don't think so Mate. I have probably been around a lot longer than you have and I can speak from being in the moment, not reading about it, googling it or being influenced by Mum and Dad about it - I have experienced it. This is without a doubt the worst government this country has even seen. I at least am happy to bash both sides, target away.
Last edited by Wayne on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Rorschach wrote:

Turn your tired eyes home, put the sword to stone
Death by boredom, the reach man bears the burden
That the poor man seeks to chase
The chase is certain
Did not see it coming, better stand for something
They're wicked as they come, break the cycle
Racing down the flames, while building the coffins
Iron unbroken, break the cycle
It's a bitter pill, such a bitter pill to swallow

Did I mention that this prestigious and highly deserved award was actually the final decision of a committee set up by the Coalition and reporting directly to the Coalition Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull? So the Coalition has selected and endorsed Ms Gillard to receive this award. I mean, they could have given it to Joe Hockey for services to Economics, Brownyn Bishop for Green Helicopter flights or even Tony Abbott for true Leadership as a PM. Instead they chose Labor PM Ms Gillard who's policies, thoughts and ideas they are still running with today - after 4 years of being in Government - because they have none of their own! Paid Parental Leave anyone? Changes to Super? Backflips in the centre ring?

Well done Ms Gillard
Yes well done ALP for locking in the incoming Government to your policies... including the unfunded ones... hip-hooray... :roll:
How the hell can one government lock in something that another government cannot undo? NDIS was started up in trial mode and funded by an increase in the Medicare levy. If the Coalition Government couldn't fund it passed the trial period then they could shut it down. Gonski was funded in the initial terms - if the Coalition couldn't fund it they they could shut it down. They haven't done any of that because they are a gutless bunch of no hopers. In most cases, this current Government are riding the success' of the previous Government because they have little to no policies of their own. Just a pork barrelling bunch ofzoobs

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Outlaw Yogi wrote:Yes congratulations Julia for the failed Regional Development Australia Fund, the failed Regional Infrastructure Fund, the failed BER school buildings project, the failed Education Revolution, the failed NAPLAN and My School initiatives, the failed Minerals Resource Rent Tax, the blundering of Rudd's Pink Batts project, and the Carbon Tax we would never have under your government.

Yes, well done, no-one can fuck things up quite as good as you.
And the absolute FAILURE of opening our borders to people smugglers... :du

Which the Coalition Government allowed to continue by blocking Gillard's access to the High Court to allow asylum seekers to go to Malaysia. Which the Coaliton Government have spent BILLIONS and BILLIONS of Taxpayers money in futile attempts. Remember Tony's Orange Lift Boats at 250,000 a pop? There are 60 of them in Darwin if you want one! It would have been cheaper to process these people onshore and then send them home. A bad situation turned into a even worse one by this incompetent government

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Wayne wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Wayne wrote:Congratulations Julia Gillard on being awarded a Companion of the Order of Australia. A job well done and an Honour highly deserved. Testament to your Leadership is the fact the the Abbott/Turnbull Government have hardly changed any of Labor's key 2007-2013 policies - and those they did change - like the NBN - have proven disasters. Well Done!
Well that could be because 75% of Labor policies were sent through with bipartisan support.... not that lunatic rusted ons would recognise the facts about that. :thumb
Correct - good policy by Labor that deserved to pass whereas the ones dreamed up and/or implemented by our good friends in Government have been such a raving success haven't they? Not that the lunatic rusted ons would recognise that
Lol... wow you change step without even stopping :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
I'm unimpressed with both major parties and long ago I was saying Abbott should step aside... I used to support Gillard when she was Deputy, she wasn't a good PM though. Like I said only rusted-ons can't face facts. :du :du :du
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Wayne wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

The chase is certain

Did I mention that this prestigious and highly deserved award was actually the final decision of a committee set up by the Coalition and reporting directly to the Coalition Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull? So the Coalition has selected and endorsed Ms Gillard to receive this award. I mean, they could have given it to Joe Hockey for services to Economics, Brownyn Bishop for Green Helicopter flights or even Tony Abbott for true Leadership as a PM. Instead they chose Labor PM Ms Gillard who's policies, thoughts and ideas they are still running with today - after 4 years of being in Government - because they have none of their own! Paid Parental Leave anyone? Changes to Super? Backflips in the centre ring?

Well done Ms Gillard
Yes well done ALP for locking in the incoming Government to your policies... including the unfunded ones... hip-hooray... :roll:
How the hell can one government lock in something that another government cannot undo? NDIS was started up in trial mode and funded by an increase in the Medicare levy. If the Coalition Government couldn't fund it passed the trial period then they could shut it down. Gonski was funded in the initial terms - if the Coalition couldn't fund it they they could shut it down. They haven't done any of that because they are a gutless bunch of no hopers. In most cases, this current Government are riding the success' of the previous Government because they have little to no policies of their own. Just a pork barrelling bunch ofzoobs
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl are you for real? :du :du :du :du :du
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

The chase is certain

Well done Ms Gillard
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl are you for real? :du :du :du :du :du
"Yes well done ALP for locking in the incoming Government to your policies... including the unfunded ones... hip-hooray... :roll:[/quote]

Are you? How the hell can one government lock in policies that another government cannot undo? We would still be living in the stone age if that were the case. Geez - some of you tards need to go back to school!

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Wayne wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Outlaw Yogi wrote:Yes congratulations Julia for the failed Regional Development Australia Fund, the failed Regional Infrastructure Fund, the failed BER school buildings project, the failed Education Revolution, the failed NAPLAN and My School initiatives, the failed Minerals Resource Rent Tax, the blundering of Rudd's Pink Batts project, and the Carbon Tax we would never have under your government.

Which the Coalition Government allowed to continue by blocking Gillard's access to the High Court to allow asylum seekers to go to Malaysia. Which the Coaliton Government have spent BILLIONS and BILLIONS of Taxpayers money in futile attempts. Remember Tony's Orange Lift Boats at 250,000 a pop? There are 60 of them in Darwin if you want one! It would have been cheaper to process these people onshore and then send them home. A bad situation turned into a even worse one by this incompetent government
Oh yeah it was just the Liberals :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Who didn't have control of the government who signed a pact with the.... now who were they.... obviously you cant remember. :du :du :du
BTW they cant send many of them home that is one of the major problems.... didn't you know :du :du :du
You are right Howard had ended the problem... the ALP made it much much worse. Now do run away :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Wayne wrote:Congratulations Julia Gillard on being awarded a Companion of the Order of Australia. A job well done and an Honour highly deserved. Testament to your Leadership is the fact the the Abbott/Turnbull Government have hardly changed any of Labor's key 2007-2013 policies - and those they did change - like the NBN - have proven disasters. Well Done!
Well that could be because 75% of Labor policies were sent through with bipartisan support.... not that lunatic rusted ons would recognise the facts about that. :thumb
Correct - good policy by Labor that deserved to pass whereas the ones dreamed up and/or implemented by our good friends in Government have been such a raving success haven't they? Not that the lunatic rusted ons would recognise that
Lol... wow you change step without even stopping :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
I'm unimpressed with both major parties and long ago I was saying Abbott should step aside... I used to support Gillard when she was Deputy, she wasn't a good PM though. Like I said only rusted-ons can't face facts. :du :du :du

Oh I can face facts and debate with the best of them. What exactly in my posting do you disagree with? The Coalition passed Labor Policy, that policy is still there, this country at the moment is largely still running on laws and legislation introduce by Labor. Laws and legislation thought up by the current Coalition have either been subject to extreme watering down (ABCC legislation) extreme backflips or plain cancelled. So tell me exactly what you disagree with rather that filling the page with rubbish retorts and childish emoticons?

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

Oh yeah it was just the Liberals :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Who didn't have control of the government who signed a pact with the.... now who were they.... obviously you cant remember. :du :du :du
BTW they cant send many of them home that is one of the major problems.... didn't you know :du :du :du
You are right Howard had ended the problem... the ALP made it much much worse. Now do run away :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Scared of a confrontation - what with you - that's a joke - you are so rusted on WD40 wouldn't make a difference! Of course it was the Coalition that blocked Gillard - have you forgotten Abbott standing up and stating he would not allow ayslum seekers to go to a country not under the UN Convention? Really? Of course they can send them home - they are paying for them to go and remember the little life rafts that Abbott bought for $250,000 for the Navy to fill with ayslum seekers and turn around "when safe to do so" (laugh laugh) Isn't that a form of sending them home. You need to lay of the emoticons - your brain is addled.

PS - I never mentioned Howard.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 pm

LOL how old are you Wayne?
Do you remember that the NSW government entered into contracts with Private enterprises which made it more expensive to end those contracts than let them run their course?
Are you unaware that if you can control the senate that legislation can be amended or not amended to suit your agenda?
Promises to states in COAG; eg Gonski NDIS etc where signed agreements are made are also methods to lock in expenditure into the future.
Stacking groups with ideological warriors who cannot be removed by government.
The list goes on and on... these are just a few ways to lock in legislation and processes.
IT’S reasonably well known that the Rudd-Gillard government burdened taxpayers for decades to come by locking up in legislation massive unfunded spending. What’s less well recognised is how Labor, in government, also sabotaged the broader economy to benefit the unions.

The common element is Labor’s determination to make itself the natural party of government by entrenching both social spending and union power.
The previous Labor government committed more than $100 billion extra over the next decade to schools and public hospitals. Then there was another $100 billion extra for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

Some of it was justified and most of it was legislated but none of it was funded.

Bill Shorten feels compelled to oppose the restoration of the Australian Building and Construction Commission, even though it would add at least $5 billion a year in productivity gains, ­because this is the blood price demanded by the building union in return for the $3 million the CFMEU has given Labor over the past four years. Abolishing a tough cop on the beat for the construction industry was the most obvious product of Labor’s dependence on the union movement, but there were many others.
The Gillard government is planning to lock-in spending on education and disability insurance for ten years in an attempt to protect these reforms from future economic pressures.

Almost $100 billion is expected to be spent across the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), now known as DisabilityCare, and the Gonski education reforms over this ten year period. This unprecedented move is designed to guarantee the survival of these reforms and to force the hand of Opposition Leader Tony Abbott.

Over time money is often taken from reforms such as these and diverted when governments feel they need the money elsewhere. ‘Locking in’ this funding will help to ease doubt over the long-term success of both DisabilityCare and the education reforms.

Treasurer Wayne Swan explained that this ten-year plan was a test for Mr Abbott. “If he supports DisabilityCare, then he needs to support the responsible saves we’re making to fund it over 10 years – or tell us where he’ll cut.”

Mr Swan will be announcing the Federal Budget this evening, although much has already been leaked to the public.
After the Labor Government had to abandon its pledge of a budget surplus just before Christmas last year, it is expected that Mr Swan will be trying to win over those who no longer feel secure about the Labor Government’s economic promises.
As well, to help the unions, the former Labor government stacked the Fair Work Commission with former union officials, passed laws deeming non-unionised contractors to be workers, and made it much easier for unions to enter workplaces to recruit new members. Every one of these changes has imposed additional burdens on businesses and made it harder for them to create jobs.
By starting early and running projects over a longer period of time Australian governments can better plan how they will run. It will also make it possible for future governments to plan around and build from reforms which are already in place, rather than thinking they can start with a clean slate every three years.

What do you think? Is it dangerous tie up Australia’s money by locking in funding for reforms which may be faulty, or is this the bright future of Australian politics?